Sunday, November 9, 2008

Nadine Jansen Januari 2010

A special gift for 60 years No.3



18/11/2008
have arrived at last the plants I ordered. Vallisneria spiralis

x 10 x 4 x 5 Hygrophila polysperma
var.nana
Anubias Cryptocoryne x 1 x 3 beckett
Sagittaria subula

Unfortunately I found that the Sagittaria subula and higher than I imagined, and it is not at all suitable to form a lawn, so today I asked via email for an offer of Sagittaria pusilla, which is much lower. 15/11/2008
Today, I proceeded to stick with silicone aquarium rocks bigger, so I will avoid any collapse.
Also today is past my best friend Oliver to fix things at my sister's PC, has seen both the aquarium (not yet set up) and rocks, but fortunately did not suspect a thing, and the surprise is yet assured .
11/11/2008
Akadama Yesterday I bought at the Crespi Bonsai Pambio Noranco. I took a bag of 10 kg of Quality Hard, this is to prevent the compact Akadama shortly.
Today I sifted through the sieves Akadama special, so I raised a good amount of dust that would have only dirty water.
Then I put everything in a bucket, I let the water run until the water was more turbid. It then began treatment dell'Akadama necessary to ensure that it loses its ability to absorb over the KH. Every two days I will change the water in the bucket and fill it again, and this until the end of the month.
08/11/2008
Today I went to a quarry Madonna del Piano to search for suitable rocks. The NL Nederlands, that they must have had:
- beautiful to behold;
- Light color so stand out on a fund constituted by Akadama;
- did not have to release limestone
- It must have all of the same type and with different shapes.
not deny that there was difficult to look for rocks that would be suitable. In fact, most were limestone, which might have affected the values \u200b\u200bof the GH water. To test the stones I used very common scale (the one you use to clean the coffee machine) poured into a dropper.
When I find interesting stones, we poured over a drop of lime, if the drop began to Frigole and make bubbles, it meant that the stone was filled with limestone, but if there was no reaction, he could go. After I had found several types of stone, was the inpresa difficult to find the same type, so as to create a uniform layout. I proceeded to fill a whole backpack, this for me to have enough material to make different compositions.
got home, I put a sheet on a table on which I drew the outline of the aquarium intereressato, and inside I drew the positions of the various stones on the principle of the golden section. I also marked the positions are ideal for plants.
On paper this project, I started placing the stones, and after several tests, the result is one of the photo incima mail.
The next step will be to buy everything you need for setting up the fund and plants.

0 comments:

Post a Comment